Obsession 30"

Allmän diskussion om teleskop.
regulus1

Obsession 30"

Post by regulus1 »

Obsession Telescopes tänker nu producera 30" dobson teleskop :shock: efter ett uppehåll på 6 år. Max 10 st kommer att produceras. Den klubb eller person som har drömt om ett riktigt stort dobson och har råd här är chansen! Skall väl tilläggas att jag inte är försäljare utan bara är en nöjd ägare av ett Obsession 20".

Citerat från http://groups.yahoo.com/group/obsessionusers/:

Code: Select all

Hi everyone,
I've been asked over the years to make some more 30 inch scopes. So James Mulherin at OMI-Torus and myself decided to do it. We are limiting production to the first ten customers. (These big scopes kill me and my staff. So I don't want to make more than ten.)  I have five people committed and two maybes.  All of them will be f/4.5.  All will have the connecting ring for the cage. You attach the lightweight connecting ring to the truss poles. Then you rotate the tube assembly to nearly horizontal and attach the cage to the connecting ring with your feet on the ground. I want to put the ServoCAT Goto drive with Argo Navis DSC and 10K encoders on all of them.  Tentatively the price is $14995 plus $2995 for the drive/argo set up. Total is $17990.  You will need to place a $5000 deposit to reserve a scope. The Servocat/Argo is not mandatory of course. But a drive sure makes observing alot easier. If you are interested in a 30 please contact me off group. Don't contact me by the users groups as I don't read all the posts. Tentative schedule is January 2007 for the first one with subsequent deliveries about 6 weeks apart.  Order of delivery will depend on when you place your deposit. So first person that sends his deposit will get his scope January 2007, the second person that makes his deposit will get his scope in mid March, etc.

DAVE K
Roger